Earth loving design
In the past, I have utilized these design strategies and plan to do so more often:
- Paint kitchen cabinets, light fixtures, furniture for a fresh new look.
- Simply rotate your artwork to another room. It will give you a fresh new perspective on a piece that might have gone unnoticed.
- Paint over wallcovering. This will be most effective if your existing wallcovering has texture (grasscloth, linen, etc). It can give your walls the look of an interesting paint technique without the labor.
- Is your deck looking tired? Need a paint job? Forget it. Embrace the weathered look and accessorize it with other found garden objects like weathered pots, rugs, rusted iron work, succulents, and moss.
- My favorite (go-to) website: http://www.etsy.com/ is a wonderful resource of artists that use recycled materials and reclaimed objects to create beautiful and timeless accessories.
This is our "lived in" kitchen today.
A lot of the same but given a fresh paint job and a reuse of materials.
(Stay tuned for the recycled backsplash).
If you have done something impactful with design that was kind to our Earth, please share in the comments section.